Electronic Case Reporting
Electronic Case Reporting (eCR) offers benefits to both healthcare providers and to public health. KHIE has partnered once again with the Kentucky Department for Public Health (KDPH) to modernize the way healthcare organizations report cases of communicable disease.
Coming very soon, KHIE will offer two options for submitting communicable disease case reports via KHIE to KDPH. Participants will be able to manually enter the case report details in the ePartnerViewer platform or establish a technical connection with KHIE to electronically submit the case report directly out of their EMR/EHR system.
Benefits for Public Health Agencies:
- provides more timely and complete data upon initial reporting
- monitors the spread of reportable conditions like COVID-19
- enables quicker public health response
- improves response time during outbreaks and public health emergencies
- improves communication with healthcare providers
- shares critical information with healthcare providers
Benefits for Healthcare Providers:
- provides critical information regarding outbreaks
- reduces burden on healthcare staff
- minimizes disruption in the clinical workflow
- fulfills reporting requirements
- meets CMS Promoting Interoperability Program requirements
- improves COVID-19 reporting NOW
- will soon be available for other reportable conditions
Partnering to Improve Health Information Technology.